Monday, October 22, 2007

Reflection and lack of quiet time

If any of you read Ma Bell's Blog about Librarianship and Technology

You should read her current entry:
http://drmabell.blogspot.com/2007/10/contemplating-contemplation.html

It questions our own practices of reflection and quiet thinking. After reading this, I asked myself ..when do I reflect? When I arrived at work, I had 105 emails in Yahoo!, 10 school emails, and over 100 updates in my Google Reader... I feel as if I am reading all the time. It is all good stuff and helpful for my own professional development. I listen to an audiobook in my car, when I walk I have my Mp3 player, etc.

When am I reflecting? When are we able to reflect at school? Maybe more of this time needs to be built in...along with sustained silent reading...hmm

Great food for thought!

No comments:

 
View blog authority